Support Engineer JD
Position: Support Engineer
Duty Station: Plot 2A, NIC Building, Kampala Road
Mode of work: Full time
Who We Are:
Spidd Africa prides itself on its uniqueness of being born on Kampala streets. Established in 2001 as SPIDD-COM (U) Ltd, rebranded as SPIDD AFRICA to reflect our evolving business model, we have gradually established ourselves as a reputable end-to-end systems integrator and partner. At SPIDD AFRICA we create business value from technological innovation whilst taking into consideration the needs of our clients.
What we do:
We offer fully managed IT services and project-based IT solutions such as Network Infrastructure services, Network Security services, App Security services, Artificial, Intelligence, Technology Consulting, Application Services and Managed Cloud services. Spidd Africa’s solutions are complemented with a comprehensive professional service offering, covering consulting, support, and training as well as system integration and customization. Successful implementation in the shortest timeframe is Spidd Africa’s goal for every one of our customers.
At Spidd Africa, our people shape our business with their dedication and creativity. Our culture is defined by positive, passionate, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals who bring innovation to work and feel empowered to be their best selves and bring that energy forward. As a leading technology company, we know it is vitally important to nurture your creativity and provide the opportunity to foster your own ideas and have your voice listened to.
Our Apprenticeship Program:
The Spidd Africa Apprenticeship Program is a three-month program that provides selected individuals with hands-on experience working on innovative solutions, IT services and solutions tailored to our client’s unique business requirements.
The three-month Apprenticeship program is comprised of assignments designed to help you develop and strengthen your knowledge and skills and build a successful career at Spidd Africa for the top performers. You’ll get hands-on experience working for a company that uses current technology trends, extensive experience and ambitious strategies.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
The Support Engineer is responsible for performing all aspects of customer service and support related to our Company’s and customers’ IT infrastructure.
Key areas of responsibility include providing quality customer support, meeting service response time goals, troubleshooting problems, researching/answering user questions, friendly customer service and making process/product/service improvement suggestions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- To support our customers’ IT departments in strategic planning as well as day-to-day roles to deliver digital goals.
- The job holder will assist in delivering IT service objectives whilst undergoing incubation for digital skills to prepare for emerging technologies while building a career to furnish the IT Talent pipeline.
- Drive security monitoring efforts
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 Network and security support for internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks, security and computing systems.
- Lead Customer IT helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Assist in Network support; network monitoring, vendor support engagement and reporting
- Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network & systems problems.
- Making all customers feel valued on an ongoing basis through the establishment of rapport and relationship building and creating a positive impression at all times with all customers
- Would be assigned as a primary engineer at specific client sites
- Maintain a consistent schedule for on-site visits and the ability to visit multiple client sites
Education and qualification
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or any related degree
- Experience: None, the applicant must be a recent graduate
Skills and specifications
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing and core technologies
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with the other employees in the company and learn new things
- Excellent ability to analyse and observe the functioning of various departments
- Good management ability to manage time and coordinate it such that maximum can be learnt within the short stint in the company
- Relevant experience in tech support or customer service role or an equivalent skillset
- Strong computer skills and technical knowledge and proficiency in Office package
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service and people skills
- Good time management
- Increasing customer satisfaction through effective and timely communication in person, through email and by phone
- Providing value to customers with difficult issues through the use of good listening, communication, and problems solving skills